WHO WE ARE
Uniting Hope 4 Children is a faith based non-profit, 501(c)3 that recruits, trains and encourages foster families. Our desire is to place abused and neglected children in safe, loving homes. We believe this is best accomplished through partnering with local churches.
Empowering families to care for children.
It is the vision of Uniting Hope 4 Children to:
- Partner with the Church to answer the call to solve the foster care crisis in our society.
- Walk with families through the journey of seeking permanency for children.
- Develop relationships to seek restoration and reconciliation by living out the grace and love of Christ.
OUR CORE VALUES
Faith (Proverbs 3:5-6) – We will do everything in reliance on God and for His purposes and His glory. We will ensure that we conduct ourselves in a Christ-like manner in all that we do, seeking to share His love with those we serve.
Excellence (Colossians 3:23-24) – We will do everything with excellence and give our best in our work and service to others. We will hold one another accountable to this standard.
Honor (John 13:34) – We will respect everyone we serve, their cultures, differences, and experiences as unique and essential to who they are. We will treat everyone as a unique person created in the image of Christ.
Care (Isaiah 61:1) – We will care for each person we serve based on their unique experiences and incorporate the best forms of informed care available.
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH
As a Christ-centered ministry, our beliefs are based on the Bible and accepted by our Board, staff, and foster families. Our beliefs guide us and are central to the work we do to serve foster children and foster families.
- We believe that God exists and He cares about you and every area of your life. (Exodus 20:3-17, James 1:27)
- We believe that there is one, eternal, triune God, who reveals Himself as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4)
- We believe that God has revealed Himself in Creation generally, and in His Word (the Holy Bible) specifically. (Genesis 1, Psalm 19:1-6, Romans 1:20)
- We believe the Bible is the only inspired word of God, without error, and is useful for training in righteousness in all areas of life. We do not accept any other written text as the revealed Word of God. (Psalm 19:7-10, 2 Timothy 3:15-17, 2 Peter 1:20)
- We believe that men and women are created by God in His image and designed for fellowship with him. But they become alienated from God through acts of sin and disobedience. Men and women are unable to be reconciled to God through their own efforts. (Genesis 2:7, 5:1, 9:6, James 3:9)
- We believe that the only way of salvation is found through faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Anyone who repents of their sin and places their faith in Jesus Christ receives forgiveness of sin, a new life, and will spend eternity with God. (John 3:16, 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-10, Rom. 1:16-18)
- We believe that children are always a gift from God, never an accident, and that it is the calling and responsibility of the Church to care for vulnerable and needy children, such as those in foster care. (Psalm 127:3, James 1:27)
- We believe that marriage is a holy covenant between God, one man, and one woman, and was instituted by God in the Garden of Eden and is God’s plan for the expression of human sexuality. (Genesis 1:26-28, 2:15, Mark 10:4-9)
- We believe that in marriage husband and wife are to honor and respect each other physically, spiritually, and emotionally. (Ephesians 6:1-4, Colossians 3:18-21)
- We believe the family is the foundational institution of human society and is composed of individuals who are related by marriage, blood, birth, or adoption. (Exodus 20:12, Joshua 24:15, Hebrews 13:4)
- We believe that followers of Christ are to love, respect, and treat all people with compassion, respect, and dignity as exemplified by Jesus Christ. (Psalm 139:13, Galatians 6:10, 1 John 2:6)